DW9 TJ 1-2
Price: Call for Price
DW8 TANK 5-1
9DW2 DL Tank 10-9
DW6 Miss 1-7
DW8 FK 6-7
DW7 Four Wheeler 1-2
DW7 Miss 3-10
Bred by: Wendel/Peterson Hampshires - Rhodes, IA
Owned With: Leased from
- DW9 TJ 1-2 should only be used by producers that are truly interested in improving the breed and/or Hampshire sired offspring.
- This fellow is bred to incorporate those genetic characteristics so needed today in the breed: (1) growth, (2) maternal production, (3) proportional balanced phenotype of length, depth and width, (4) quality muscle expression and shape, (5) foot size, bone mass and ease and flexibility of structure, (6) predictability based from archived-older genetics
- Bred and produced by a family operation that cares about the Hampshire breed and what the breed can still offer the pork industry
- Paternal grandsire, 9DW2 DL Tank 10-9 was a production giant. A Iowa Swine Test Station graduate in the early 80's with 146 Days/230 lbs, purchased by Danny Lewis, Curryville, MO and later leased by SGI (SGI 428) This fellow established himself as a family head in the breed. Thru his life span of seven years he maintained very high fertility and passed on this attribute to his offspring. He was the widest based, biggest boned and heaviest muscled belted boar that SGI had worked with during this time period. His foot size, massive forearm and rear leg structure was over powering
- Dave Wendel was also the breeder and producer of 9DW2 DL Tank 10-9
- The complete extended heritage behind TJ 1-2 includes a unique blend of lines including: MHF9 Whiz 93-4, GDF5 Jaws 26-3, EC1 Bouncer 19-2, EC0 Poker 14-3, JSE1 Bone Collector 20-6, JSE0 Dream Maker 68-4, LER2 Rock The House, EC2 Hard Hit 122-1, EC9 Lookout 75-1, RCW4 Big Ticket 19-6, EC4 Mean Machine 147-3
- Do yourself and the breed a favor - use DW9 TJ 1-2.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index