SPG3 FRAME 52-4
Price: Call for Price
KTF1 REP 14-10
MLS9 Rep 10-1
KTF8 Tiddly 6-6
SPG1 87 MISS 37-5
5 BB Maverick 1-9
ELK7 87 Miss 11-8
Bred by: Stephenson Partners Genetics-Vienna, GA
Owned With: Owned with
- One can often find big framed boars but many times the natural thickness of body and muscle are not present. In the same light, there are several extremely lean lines of genetics available today, but often you have to sacrifice on daily gain. In the recent Hampshire Across herd Sire Summary the top four and six of the top eight sires for backfat had EPDs of 8.80 to 12.00 additional days to 230 lb.
- Frame represents a big framed, lean boar with tremendous muscle and good growth rate with EPD of –0.54 days to 230 lb. Selected to be a Junior Herd Sire at Stephenson Partner’s, they would not allow him to leave without retaining a semen interest.
- Frame is truly a big framed boar with tremendous length of body.
- He has as much muscle thickness and shape down his top, as you will find in some of the extremely thick but smaller framed and shorter-tighter muscled packages.
- Frame combines his extreme top muscle with a thick, very muscular rear end. Frame is bred to be big and lean.
- On the topside REP 14-10 was bred by Ken Holcomb and is of Walridge and Newlin heritage. He had an individual performance of 148 days, 0.44 BF and 8.03 LEA with an EPD of –0.05 for backfat.
- On the bottom side his maternal grandsire BB Maverick 1-9’s offspring have averaged 153 days and 0.51 BF. Maverick also has a 117.7 Maternal Line Index. His maternal granddam is a big, lean Model Line sow with Bam and Farrand in her pedigree. Frame is from a litter of 8 born live, 10 weaned after transfer and 133 lb 21-day litter weight. His dam has averaged 10.25 born live, 9.25 weaned and 119 lb 21-day litter weight for 4 parities. Two outstanding littermate boars to Frame went to breeder herds.
- With his outstanding combination of frame, leanness, muscle and growth; Frame can be a real “changer” in a Hampshire or terminal line breeding program.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index