WEK MANCHESTER 3-10
Price: Call for Price
WEK0 MODEL 49-4
WEK8 Home Grown 60-4
ELK8 Miss 30-1
WEK0 ISS 46-2
WEK8 Home Grown 60-4
ELK8 Miss 28-4 23-4
Bred by: Wilbur Kehrli-Manchester, IA
Owned With: SGI
- Manchester is a linebred boar from an excellent litter that we watched develop and excel in growth and carcass composition throughout the summer. The seven boars in the litter averaged 145 days to 230 lb, 0.60 backfat and 6.71 loineye area. There were also five impressive gilts raised in the litter. One gilt was exhibited t the NBS, three were retained at Kehrli’s and one offbelt sold for show pig production. SGI exported one of the boars to Japan and two were exhibited at the National Barrow Show where they scanned two of the largest loin eyes in the show. Manchester scanned only 0.96 backfat and a 7.97 loin eye at 310 lbs and was the very popular 3rd high selling Hampshire.
- The sire and dam of Manchester are big framed, heavy structured, thick muscled Hampshires. Manchester’s dam is considered by Kehrli’s to be their top sow in combining the ability to wean large litters with her offspring’s consistent superiority in growth, ham-loin percentage and durability.
- Manchester is from a litter of 14 farrowed, 12 weaned with an average of 147 days to 230 lb. His paternal and maternal grandsire, Home Grown 60-4, scanned an 8.20 loin eye.
- Manchester is a big framed, heavy structured boar with a big forearm and shoulder blade.
- He is a long bodied, level topped boar with extra spring of rib and internal dimension. When viewed from the rear, the excellent muscular shade down Manchester’s top is accentuated by an extra long, thick rump and deep, thick ham.
- If you are one of those who desire heavier muscled and leaner hogs but don’t want to sacrifice on growth, ruggedness and overall durability; the insertion of Manchester genetics into your program can certainly help you obtain this goal.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index