SDH2 MUSCLES 15-3
Price: Call for Price
SPG1 MUSCLE 28-1
9 Rawmuscle 84-2
SPG0 RMPO Miss High 7-4
SDH9 C SUE 3-11
CC8 Jolly 16-4
JRS7 7C Sue 97-7
Bred by: Shipley Hampshire - Newhark, OH
Owned With: SGI
- Muscle, as his name implies and “Real Time” scan verifies, represents an extreme package in terms of total muscle volume.
- He is an extra wide sprung boar with a tremendous amount of product down his top. He has a big, thick rump with a huge dimple above his tail and the thickest, biggest most expressive ham of any Hampshire at SGI.
- Muscle is also a long bodied, rugged, heavy-boned boar with excellent width in his chest floor and all along his lower body cavity.
- Muscle is a bred to be lean with extra muscle dimension. His sire had 0.41 in backfat and a 7.70 sq in loin eye while his paternal grandsire required only 133 days to 230 with 0.32 in backfat and 9.02 sq in loin eye.
- The sire of Muscles’ dam is CC8 Jolly 16-4. This Swedish Hampshire boar has consistently produced hogs in the Shipley herd that scan lean, kill lean and more importantly breed leaner hogs for the next generation. Average scan figures on 313 Jolly sons are: 159 days, 0.56 in backfat, and 6.34 sq in loin eye area. The average carcass cutout data on 33 head of Jolly offspring slaughtered at 242 lb are: 0.64 in 10th rib backfat, 6.26 sq in. loin eye area and 60.1% lean.
- Muscles’ dam has excelled in production and longevity. She has averaged 10.1 farrowed, 9.1 weaned, 136 lb 21-day litter weight and 164 day farrowing interval for 7 parities. Muscle is from an outstanding litter with the four boars averaging 153 days to 230 lb, 0.50 in backfat and 7.27 sq in loin eye.
- Two outstanding littermate gilts were retained in the Shipley herd. If you want to take off grease and add product but still maintain good performance and ruggedness,
- Muscles can certainly add the genetic punch you have been seeking.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index