LTH2 MARIUS II 63-4
Price: Call for Price
O MARIUS 4-3
9 Jackie Av Snarre Ham 11-94
ELK9 9 MISS 1-2
Elk6 TW Model 2-6
Elk7 7 Miss 43-6
Bred by: Loos Seedstock - Quincy, Il
Owned With: Owned with
- Unfortunately, SGI 485 Marius died suddenly just when he was starting to really make his mark. We have received more reports from Hampshire breeders, commercial producers and junior show pig exhibitors on the outstanding sons and daughters of Marius than probably any Hampshire to stand at SGI. In all cases, not only have our customers been pleased by the tremendous leanness and muscle of Marius offspring but also with their excellent performance and rugged, sound, functional design.
- We immediately started to search for an outstanding son. Our search stopped when Marius II hit the ring at Austin. Although it took $10,000 to own him, we are confident it will be a good investment.
- Marius II has the same tremendous muscle shape down his top, extra thick rump and big butt as his sire. But, he is longer bodied than his sire; yet has tremendous natural width from end to end and top to bottom of his correctly designed, heavy-duty skeleton.
- Marius II had one of the highest weights per day of age (1.75) of any Hampshire at the National Barrow Show, along with only 0.88 backfat at 365 lb and one of the largest loin eyes of 8.29. Marius II’s dam goes back to John Halstead’s Model line at Elkhorn Valley Farms. With Bam and Farand in her pedigree, she is bred very similar to SGI ELK85 Westpoint 7-8 that was one of the biggest framed, leanest Hampshires at SGI in the mid 1980s. His offspring were very popular with commercial producers and foreign customers, particularly for their combination of superior performance, carcass desirability and excellent maternal traits.
- Marius II’s dam has averaged 9.0 born, 8.0 weaned with 132 lb 21-day litter weight in 6 parities.
- Marius II is not just a lean, heavy muscled Hampshire boar that will produce pigs to please the packers. He is also a big, stout, fast growing boar with very good maternal heritage, which are still very important in the profitability of commercial hog producers.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index