NMF1 BARR NUNN 57-5
Price: Call for Price
JLMO OK 9-1
WTX8 Wide Open 13-6
JLM9 Miss Oldstyle 25-7
NMF9 HO AYLASSA
TLB8 TB Amocos Hosier 5-3
NMF8 RS Dace 40-6
Bred by: Nash & Manier - Tipton, IN
Owned With: SGI
- With packers demanding leaner hogs and the mad scramble to meet their demands, there certainly is some justifiable concern over what is going to happen to growth rate and durability in terminal line.
- Barn Nunn offers the potential of reducing backfat while still maintaining rapid growth and toughness. His 129 days to 230 lb is one of the best ever at Nash Farms, yet he scanned only 0.65 in backfat and was first on General, Maternal and Terminal Index in his contemporary group.
- Barr Nunn is an extremely wide sprung, heavy boned, super sound and tough made boar that can survive under any condition from pasture to slotted floor, total confinement.
- He also has an abundance of muscle attached to his correct and very study frame. A meaty shoulder, full expressive loin, large muscular rump and a thick, deep ham combined with leanness and excellent structure make Barr Nunn an ideal terminal or show pig sire.
- Dick Nash’s confidence in Barr Nunn’s ability to generate better Hampshires is evident from his demand to retain half interest and rights to 60 doses of semen. Barr Nunn’s heritage is rich in superior Hampshire sires. Frame size, leanness and heaviness of structure are a constant factor on the top side of this pedigree with Cinch, Whirlwind, Joseph, Tonnage, Wide Open and Waldrige Rex. Muscle, bone and general toughness are constant factors on the bottom side with DL Tank, SP 85 12-1, Smokey, Amoco and Mac breeding.
- Barr Nunn’s sire, OK, was the $6,500 Champion and top selling boar at the 1990 Fall Classic. Ok is a father daughters mating and his sire, Wide Open, was premier sire at the 1990 World Pork Expo where he sired the $12,500 Champion Boar and $2.000 Champion Gilt. Four barrows cutout at an average live weight of 251 lb in local barrow shows that were sired by Ok averaged 31.8 length, 0.65 carcass BF, 6.73 loin eye, 59.3 percent lean.
- Barr Nunn is from an outstanding litter of 10 born, 9 weaned and 130 lb 21-day litter weight. All pigs in the litter had the same tough, sturdy and muscular design plus very good underlines.
- When you consider Barr Nun’s tremendous performance and outstanding phenotype combined with his rich heritage for tough, durable, meat type hogs, we truly feel he is one of the very best Hampshires ever at SGI, “bar none”.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index