BPF9 BARKLEY 21-3
Price: Call for Price
RMF8 GOLD PIPE 2-3
JRF7 Gold Pipe
6 Trisha 59-1
7 LJ JUDY 42-4
LJ Judy 14-1-86
Bred by: Chad Baker - Earlville, IL
Owned With: SGI
- Barkley is an extremely well balanced boar that is extra wide based, heavy structured and very muscular.
- He is wide chested, has a bold meaty shoulder, excellent spring of rib, a very thick square rump and a remarkably muscular, bulging ham.
- He is a very lean boar that has excellent shape and muscle expression down his level top.
- Barkley is a heavy boned, very sound, even toed boar that comes t you square and true with extra width up front and moves away on wide, squarely placed and flexible rear legs.
- Barkley is bred to be lean, muscular and heavy structured. On the top side he traces back to the popular SGI sire of extra bone and muscle, Pipe, through Gold Pipe. Gold Pipe, has consistently sired superior leanness, muscle and bone at Meekers. On the bottom side, Frontier sons and daughters also have consistently produced superior leanness and muscling. They have included the 1989 Champion Carcass at the 1989 Illinois State Fair that had 0.50 inch backfat with an 8.00 sq in loin eye and the Champion purebred Test Station Barrow at the 1989 Illinois Spring Barrow Show that had 0.80 inch backfat at 270 lb and 0.8722 lb of lean gain per day. Barkley’s dam has averaged 9.25 farrowed and 8.0 weaned with 112 lb 21-day litter weight in 4 parities. Like his namesake, Charles Barkley of the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Barkley is very muscular and powerful yet extremely mobile with excellent balance and agility. He has the potential to follow in the footsteps of SGI sires Comanche, Pipe, Ruger, Panzer, Apache, Onyx and Yuma in terms of siring outstanding show barrows and breeding animals with superior muscle and structure.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index