Price: Call for Price
Bred by: Karlsfalt - Sweden
Owned With: SGI
- SGI decision to import two Hampshire boars from Sweden was primarily based on the tremendous potential we felt the Swedish Hampshires have to offer in the following two areas: 1) leanness and total muscle content 2) excellence of underline and sow productivity.
- Certainly, Anders excels in leanness and muscle; but he is also truly outstanding in maternal characteristics. His dam has averaged 10.8 farrowed and 10.2 weaned for five litters and his maternal granddam 12.8 farrowed and 11.2 weaned for five litters. Anders is a super sound, very structurally correct boar.
- He is long in his neck, very correct in his slope of shoulder and cushion to his front legs, level and flexible in his spine, well designed in his hip, rump and hock and has even toes with good set and cushion to his pasterns.
- All 15 test groups (2 pigs per group) by his sire, dam and maternal grandsire received perfect leg scores of 3.0.
- Anders is particularly good in the boldness to his shoulder along with the spring and shape to his center rib; characteristics vital for longevity with sows housed in crates or on bare concrete.
- Anders has an excellent underline with 7 very high quality, refined and well-spaced nipples on each side.
- He is a very active boar with an alert “heads-up” attitude.
- Anders is also a lean boar with an abundance of muscle. His sire’s and maternal grandsire’s excellent breeding indexes of 113 and 110 are based on the performance and carcass characteristics of 6 and 5 slaughter test groups, respectively.
- If you are looking for a truly superior maternal line Hampshire that can also contribute to carcass desirability, Anders represents a genetic line that has been selected for generations to meet these needs.
ON THE FARM
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index