ISU ERIC 1-3
Price: Call for Price
OUT WAM BAM
PWF B 84 8-4
OUT4 Spot 5-5
ISU6 P MARIETTA 3-8
Bred by: Iowa State University - Ames, IA
Owned With: Owned with
- A year ago we were very excited about a proven sire, Wam Bam that we purchased from George Johnson. Wam Bam was a tremendously impressive boar that had consistently sired big framed, stout made, muscular Hampshires that were very aggressive. Wam Bam proved to be a little too aggressive, as he wanted to fight the dummy and tear it apart. We loaned Wam Bam to Iowa State with the understanding we would get first choice of his sons. Our faith in Al’s ability to make the proper mating to produce an outstanding prospect has certainly paid dividends.
- ISU Eric is one powerful fronted, thick muscled yet big-scaled Hampshire boar. He has a massive, big skulled, excellent Hampshire head. He is a big bladed, thick shouldered, big ribbed, wide chested boar that reminds Al of Eric, the great breeding boar of the late 1960’s.
- ISU Eric is a long boned yet heavy skeletoned boar that walks wide, front and rear. He has very good shape and leanness to his top and a big, thick, square rump.
- ISU Eric is from an excellent litter containing another big framed that some have felt may be as good or better than Eric and an outstanding gilt that will be retained at ISU.
- Like his sire, ISU Eric is a very aggressive, heads up boar with an excellent underline and testicle size.
- Only time will tell, but we feel ISU Eric has the capability to generate big, lean, heavy muscled, and heavy structured hogs that will help keep Hampshires one of the dominant breeds in the 1990s.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index