KJH8 PECOS 9-6
Price: Call for Price
WHF S Linda 15-5
MISS JR 4-2
Mr. RB 6-10
Miss RB 18-6
Bred by: Keri & Jana Hales - Brocton, IL
Owned With: SGI
- During the past year many SGI commercial and show pig customers have asked which Hampshire was the leanest and heaviest muscled boar with good bone. Although we felt several SGI Hampshires adequately fit this description, we decided to bring in a boar that was really extreme in these areas. We immediately decided Pecos was the one when he hit the tanbark at Austin.
- He is an extremely thick muscled, very lean (0.54 BF) boar that has a groove down his top. He pops a big stifle muscle as he walks and has extra bulge and fullness, both inside and outside of his ham. He is a clean headed, grim shouldered pig that is very free of excess fat throughout his body.
- Pecos has a heavy bone structure and is particularly sound in his front-end structure.
- Littermate barrows to Pecos were Champion Hampshire Barrow at the Illinois State Fair and Reserve Grand Barrow at the Edgar County Fair. The cutouts on the Illinois Champion were 31.3 length, 0.80 10th rib BF, 5.6 LEA at 227 lb. A half brother to Pecos by Retank was the top selling boar at the 1987 Sweetwater Conference and exhibited the same extreme leanness and muscle as Pecos.
- Pecos’ dam has averaged 9.8 farrowed, 8.3 weaned in four parities. Hales’ retained three outstanding littermate gilts to Pecos.
- Pecos should not only be one of the best barrow sires ever at SGI, but can also help make Hampshires leaner and heavier muscled to meet he current demand by packers and consumers for leaner pork.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index