DG UTE 23-4
Price: Call for Price
DG UTE 25-5
DG Ute 45-2
DG Cara Mae T 34-2
DG JANE CT 18-2
DG Choctaw 15-8
DG Jane A 54-2
Bred by: David F. Guhde - Brock, NE
Owned With: SGI
- Ute 23-4 is an extremely stout made yet lean and muscular Hampshire boar.
- He has a massive head, extremely big blade, a huge forearm, extra heavy bone, and a big foot. He is a wide made boar with excellent width of chest and stifle region.
- He is very lean and expressive in the muscle down his top and has a thick rump and thick, bulging ham. The eight pigs in his litter averaged only 0.68 in of back fat.
- Ute 23-4 is backed by an outstanding pedigree.
- His sire, Ute 25-5, has probably been the most prepotent boar used in the Guhde herd. He combines the Farand (one of the most popular sires ever at SGI), the immortal Kaw-Li-GA, and the Tad lines, and has the Foster “Cara” Hall of Frame sow in his pedigree several times. Ute 25-5 sired the popular boars exhibited by Guhde this past year plus a number of outstanding breeding animals kept in the Guhde herd including 10 sons already used as herd sires. He also sired the Grand Champion Truckload of Market Hogs at the National Barrow Show that averaged 32.2 length, 1.07 BF at 246 lb, and 5.55 LEA.
- On the dam’s side, Ute 23-4 is tightly linebred, tracing nine times to Big Foot.
- Ute 23-4 is from a litter of 9 farrowed, 11 weaned after transfer, a 142 lb 21-day litter weight and a BVSPI of 104.6. His maternal granddam is the highest indexing mature Hampshire sow in M=Nebraska SPF Program with an SPI of 169 based on nine litters.
- UTE 23-4’s ancestors have also been consistently superior in growth rate with his sire, dam, and maternal granddam having positive genetic deviation for days to 220 lb of 10, 9, and 10.
- If you are looking for a stout, lean, muscular Hampshire with positive growth and reproductive attributes, UTE will fit the bill.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index