JDB P GERRY 14-1
Price: Call for Price
JDB JK MARETTA 4-5
JDB Monnie 27-6
Bred by: Jerry D. Brink - Elkader, IA
Owned With: Leased from
- Gerry won his class at the 1979 Hampshire Summer Conference where at 184 days of age he weighed 350 lb with only 0.97 in backfat and 6.60 sq in loineye.
- His sire, PBR, was Champion Boar at the 1977 Hampshire Summer Conference and PBR sons and daughters have excelled in reproductive performance.
- Gerry's dam and his littermate sister have been top producing sows in the Brink herd with excellent udder quality, milking ability and a lifetime average of 8.6 and 8.3 pigs weaned per litter, respectively.
- Gerry did an outstanding job of siring fast gaining, productive Hampshires in the Harold Nelson herd.
- He sired the second high indexing boar in the 1980-81 Iowa Hampshire Fall Test with the following performance: Daily gain, 2.47 lb; days to 230 lb, 146; probe, 0.77 in; loineye, 5.88 sq in; index 238.
- His sons have been very aggressive with none failing to breed satisfactorily out of over 150 sold. Because of Gerry's daughters' ability to raise pigs, they make up a large majority of the Nelson sow herd.
- Gerry is a big-framed, extremely long-bodied, lean boar with good bone and ruggedness.
- He is a very sound boar with excellent underline quality.
- He has proven siring ability to combine rapid growth with very good functional and reproductive capacity.
For questions, more information or TO ORDER SEMEN, email or call us toll free at 800-247-3958.
on the farm performance
Days to 250lb (114 kg)
Breeding Value Index