SGI is excited to participate in the Field of Dreams pig sale and futurity show again this year!
The Field of Dreams sift and sale will take place on March 17, 2018 at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Lebanon, IN. The date for the futurity show will be announced later.
REMINDER – Entries are due March 5th.
Thank you to the Field of Dreams crew for inviting us to participate in these two great events!
For more information, see the flyer below.
Due to the overwhelming demand and excitement surrounding Dirty Secret semen, we will be offering 2 doses for each Monday collection from March 1 – May 17 to be auctioned on Showpig/The Pig Planet Auctions on Sunday, February 25. For questions surrounding the auction format feel free to reach out to an SGI salesman.
:: The DIRTY SECRET Resume ::
Grand Barrow ‘17 NAILE Louisville
Grand Overall Gilt ‘17 Arizona National
Reserve Grand Cross Barrow ‘17 Arizona National
Grand Overall Barrow ‘18 NWSS Denver
Reserve Grand Overall Barrow ‘18 NWSS Denver
Grand Cross Barrow ‘18 NJSA SE Regional
Reserve Grand Overall Barrow ‘18 Forth Worth Stock Show
Where has summer gone? It’s already time for the 2016 World Pork Expo and we couldn’t be more excited!
This year, you can find us in our hospitality tent, located north of the hog barns. And don’t forget to enter our #SGIBoars Selfie Contest!
The rules for entry are listed below:
1. Locate SGI boar flyers posted throughout the pig barn at World Pork Expo.
2. Participants must upload a selfie with 1 crossbred boar and 1 purebred boar flier to be entered into the daily drawing.
3. Photos can be uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and must use #SGIBoars to be entered.
4. Drawings will take place during the 2016 World Pork Expo on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 5 pm.
5. Participants are only eligible for prizes on the day of their posted selfies.
6. The more social media channels you post to…the more chances you have to win!
We found MAN ON FIRE as a 14 month old mature boar at David Martin’s late last Summer when we were searching the countryside for boar prospects. Phenotypically, this guy is a beast regardless of the breed that we might want to make comparisons to. MAN ON FIRE is tall fronted, very clean through his jaw and throat, and has that extra presence that it takes to win hog shows. This guy has all of the masculine traits that great breeding hogs possess – he’s got big square toes, a stout forearm, he’s super shapely up high, and he’s as stout from behind and as square to the ground as any red boar out there. When this guy is put into motion his limbs work north and south, and you won’t observe any incorrect east and west wasted motion. MAN ON FIRE is a stout muscled, good looking [...]